A world without weeds.

Watched Constant Gardener today. As my friend Sheena and I like to say, I had my fix of social consciousness for the week. More seriously however, it made me not want to have children in this world. It made me want to jump off a building and die. I had a flashback of one of my Professor's lectures. Political philosophy is about what kind of world you want your children to live in. Or at least that is why we care. (Sometimes it seems as if philosophy has no room for sentimentality, but in the end, does it not have humanity at the core of its quest?) But perhaps rather than fear the potential for harm and suffering in all that we are, in all that we do and in all that we live, we'll be better off trying to make the world better for the next person - a family member, a friend, a lover, a stranger.

On a lighter note, saw the trailer for Brokeback Mountain. I'm excited to see how the Heath Ledger-Jake Gyllenhaal pair-up can pull it off.



































Atlantic City was fun. Walked four miles and the closest I got to the ocean was from where I shot those pictures. The Atlantic will be my backyard for few days in a few days, so I'm not too bummed.